Saturday, December 31, 2011

Knocked Up Sangria

It's New Year's. I'm Pregnant. Again. I don't know how this keeps happening. Oh no wait, yes I do.

My camera is missing. I'm blaming the baby. You know, the one in my belly who causes me to forget everything. Sigh. These photos are from my phone. Blah.



I don't drink. Between babies in my belly and babies on my boobs it's been years since alcohol has touched these lips. It's simply something from my youth that for many different reasons I have decided I can do without.


But sometimes, especially at holidays when all my friends are drinking I get a little jealous. I want to drink a pretty fruity drink out of a fancy glass and get to participate in the clanking and shouting of "cheers!" and why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't we all!! Kids like fancy looking drinks too and this time you don't have to tell them no. Let the celebrations begin!!




Ingredients:
  • 1 bottle chilled sparkling red grape juice
  • 1bottle chilled sparkling white grape juice 
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 medium sweet apple (I used jazz) cut into cubes
  • 1 orange cut into thin slices
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 cup red seedless grapes
  • club soda (optional)
 Combine all ingredients into a large pitcher. Refrigerate 2 hours or until flavors are well combined. If the bubbles loose their luster when you are ready to serve you can always add a few cups of club soda!


Our Ratings:


 Mama f: 10 - Yay! There's a party in my tummy (so yummy so yummy!) This drink was a tasty alternative to the "fully leaded" version. And I loved that I could share it with my kids.




Daddy F: 8 - Delicious fruity drink. I could see this being a big hit at a summer picnic.





Fuller Kids: 10 - The kids thought is was really tasty and they enjoyed getting to drink a "fancy adult drink". My 4 year old said she really liked the fact that she got to eat juice soaked fruit at the end.





Lucky the Dog: 3 - Although the soaked apples were a hit, she was once again left wondering where the meat was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF