Friday, December 30, 2011

Rotisserie Chicken Salad

Ah, another crazy day in our house. We welcomed back a foster dog that we were trying to find a forever home for. Her name is Jayda and she is half chocolate lab half red doberman. Really, she is beautiful, and sweet, and dumb. So dumb. But in a sweet and beautiful way.

I love dogs. And I love to rescue them from less than fortunate situations and provide them a loving and safe home until they can find their forever home. Sometimes they only stay a few weeks till I can get them vaccines and spayed/neutered and sometimes (like in Jayda's case) they are here for 2 years and really they are just ours but Daddy F is in denial.



So what you may be asking does this have to do with chicken salad. Well, I love dogs. Daddy F, he tolerates them because he knows I love them so. But Daddy F, he LOVES chicken salad. And I love Daddy F and I don't like when he is storming around the house in his grumpy state. So today we made life a little easier on us all and busted out this family favorite recipe.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cooked breasts from rotisserie chicken
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
  • 1 cup chopped red seedless grapes
  • 1/4 a cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 2 heaping tablespoons real mayonnaise 
  • salt and pepper to taste 

Start by roughly chopping up your chicken breast. Salt and pepper to taste.  In a large bowl combine chicken and remaining ingredients. I serve mine on warm toasted sourdough bread (which you can make yourself or be lazy like me and buy from your local bakery!)


Now that Daddy F has his Tummy full perhaps little Miss Jayda will live to see another day in our happy home. :)

Our Ratings:


Mama F: 8 - This is a good go to for our family. It is quick, inexpensive, and easy to make but its nice to know your family is still getting something good in their tummies.




Daddy F: 10 - He loves chicken salad. Not much of a heavy eater he prefers light meals and would eat this everyday if I let him.





Fuller Kids: 6 - Apparently my 4 year old does not like walnuts. After she opened her sandwich and was able to make sure she picked every single last one out, she put it back together and ate it happily. Next time, I will just make some without.




Lucky the Dog: 8 - So she is a little bit of a skewed rating. Dogs should never eat grapes or onions (again unless you want an expensive trip to your vet!) so all she got was some chicken and eggs mixed in with her kibble. She thought this to be fabulous and was quite content.

2 comments:

  1. I love chicken salad with grapes, yum yum! I make a recipe pretty similar to this but I use thyme instead of dill and have never used eggs. I'd like to give this a try and compare the two. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative to add grapes to chicken salad. I'm going to try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF