Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cherry Cocoa Cola Cookies


 For about the last week I have been having this crazy craving for cherries. I have been eating them by the bag full. I don't normally drink cherry coke but it sure has been sounding good. I sent my hubbie for a late night run to get some Cherry Garcia ice cream. And then as I was sitting there I was thinking, I wonder if you could make some cherry coke cookies!?! I dare to say - you can! And these are just the thing to satisfy your chocolate cherry cravings! I used fresh cherries and I am so glad I did. I love the way when you bite into them you get this burst of cherry flavor! This is one satisfied pregnant girl. Until tomorrow when I have a new craving......



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons cola soda 
  • 1 large egg 
  • 2/3 cup seeded fresh cherries, chopped
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips 




Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Place sugar and butter in a separate large bowl and beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add vanilla, cola and egg mixing well. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture. Beat just until combined. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven; cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

Our Ratings:



 Mama F: 9 - These were so moist and chocolatey and the little bursts of cherries were divine. I think I may add some more cherries next time now I know they turn out well! 







Daddy F: 8.5 - Liked the cookies although he is not a big fan of cherries. He said I should try again with pomegranate. 









Fuller Kids: 7 - Unsurprisingly my 4 year old was not a fan. Way too much chocolate for her. My 18 month old devoured them with glee. 











Lucky the Dog: 0 - Was not allowed to eat. Human mommy should listen to her oldest puppy and cook more bacon less chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF