Friday, January 27, 2012

Creamed Corn Casserole


Today has been a long and stressful day for me.  I had my 25 week prego appointment and after 10 mins they couldn't find baby girl's heartbeat. So I was send for an ultrasound where they were able to locate it and check on her and make sure she was going ok. They ran a fetal fibronectin test "just in case". Of course, I don't have the results yet. But seeing as I have gone into labor with my other 2 little lassies between weeks 28-30 they are keeping a close eye on me.

 I needed some comfort food. I realize this is not some fancy dish but it is just one of those things I grew up on and I like to eat when I need a pick me up. If you have never had it before it is def worth a try! My family usually reserves it for holidays but sometimes, you just need a special treat.




Pin It


Ingredients:

  • 2 cans cream style corn
  • 1 egg
  • 1 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (optional) 
  • 2 tablespoons butter
 Pour corn into a greased 8x8 pan. Mix in egg, pepper, sugar (if a sweeter taste is desired) and crackers. Cut butter into chunks and drop onto top. Bake in 400F for 35-45 mins or until corn is no longer bubbling and the top has turned golden brown.


Our Ratings:



Mama F: 9 - This comfort food really hit the spot for me after a long day. And the sea salt bath soak I took after was just the cherry on top.





Daddy F: 9 - It was nice to have this special treat on a not holiday. I dont know why we dont just cook it more often. (Cause then it wouldn't be special. Duh)





Fuler Kids: 10 - Corn is one of my 4 year old's favorite food groups. It's not a food group???? You would never know by the way she chows it down.





Lucky the Dog: 9 - A few tablespoons full make a nice addition to my boring kibble. Yum!


2 comments:

  1. I love creamed corn, so comforting this looks like a great recipe for it. Great post and I love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! my great grandmother used to make this. Good to find the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF