Friday, June 15, 2012

Disney Dining Fridays - 50's Prime Time Cafe

I am so excited to finally be starting this new adventure on my blog! As some of you may have read before, I am a travel agent and I have no greater love for a destination than Disney World! With so many people always going on vacation and asking me for my advice on great places to eat while on the WDW resort, I thought it would be fun to combine my passions of food and Disney to bring you a weekly review of all the restaurants and dining experiences at Disney World.



50's Prime Time Cafe is located at the Disney Hollywood Studios on the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fl. This is one of my all time favorite places to eat while at WDW. Maybe it is because it brings back memories of the first time I ever went with my family when I was a kid or perhaps it is because of my own secret obsession with America circa 1955 but this place just makes me smile!

When you first walk in you notice that you have stepped back in time to an easier by gone era of classic tv shows such as Patty Duke, Lassie, and the original Mickey Mouse Club. In fact, you can tune in to some of your favorites at your very own tv table!



Your servers are all in character as a family member: Uncle Bill, Aunt Edna, or maybe even Mom and they will all expect you to mind your manners and clean your plate! Don't be surprised if a little poking fun is involved with your dinner as well, they serve it up thick just like mom's cream gravy!

Dad's Traditional Meatloaf


Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast

All of the dishes here are themed like mom's home cooking from Meatloaf to fried chicken and pot pies to pot roast (my personal favorite!) The desserts are just as dreamy as well as some of dad's secret concoctions from the liquor cabinet!

S'mores


Dad's Brownie Sunday


Although this is not a dining experience where you can expect to get a meet and greet from Disney's favorite characters, it is a popular restaurant and advanced reservations are strongly recommended. I know for me it is always in my top 5 places to stop on my vacation. And with Disney's new dining plans you can eat here for a fraction of the price (this is a one point dining experience). I give 50's Prime Time Cafe a 9 out of 10 for environment and a 7 out of 10 for food.

If you would like more information about a Disney vacation or a FREE quote, email me at jessica@travelwiththemagic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF